Tossed cigarette starts fire outside Library of Virginia

By  | 

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) -- A tossed cigarette caught leaves on fire outside the Library of Virginia on Tuesday afternoon, fire officials say.

Officials said people inside the building smelled smoke but the fire did not cause any damage to the building. Everyone was evacuated safely.

Fire officials are reminding everyone that they must be careful when tossing cigarettes out, especially during this time of year.

Crews were called to the scene around 3:30 p.m.

Copyright 2019 WWBT. All rights reserved.



 
CBS19NEWS.COM COMMENT GUIDELINES
The comments sections of CBS19News.com are designed for thoughtful, intelligent conversation and debate. We want to hear from our viewers, but we only ask that you use your best judgment. CBS19News.com tracks IP addresses. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments.
View Comment Guidelines
powered by Disqus