Fire on Lindsay Road displaces residents
March 10th, 11:50 AM EST
Photo by Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- An Albemarle County family has been displaced by a house fire.
According to the Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue, the fire occurred around 4:50 p.m. Thursday on the 2000 block of Lindsay Road, south of Gordonsville.
The first crews arrived on the scene about 15 minutes after they were dispatched, finding visible flames coming from the home.
The home’s occupants and a pet dog had evacuated safely and no injuries were reported.
The family is getting assistance from the American Red Cross.
According to the Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office, the fire was caused by resistance heating of electrical wiring and caused about $75,000 in damage.