ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- A family has been displaced by an early morning fire in Albemarle County.

The Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue responded to the structure fire on the 6000 block of Esmont Road shortly after 2 a.m. Wednesday.

The fire was quickly put out and the occupants had all been able to safely evacuate, but the fire did cause enough damage to displace the residents.

The American Red Cross is currently helping the family.

ACFR says the family was alerted to the fire when one person woke up coughing because of the smoke.

That person was able to awaken the rest of the family and they all got out. No injuries were reported.

The Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was likely caused by an unattended candle, resulting in about $10,000 worth of damage.