No injuries reported in fire at Scottsville business
Friday, May 26th 2023, 1:47 PM EDT
Photo by Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- A Friday morning fire caused some damage to a business in Scottsville.
According to the Albemarle County Department of Fire Rescue, crews responded to the 300 block of Valley Street around 10 a.m.
The fire was quickly put out, and it briefly closed the road.
Everyone inside the business was able to get out safely and no injuries were reported.
The Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire may have been caused by an electrical malfunction.
It caused less than $5,000 in damage to the building.