Accidental spontaneous combustion of mulch behind smoky conditions
ALBEMARLE COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- The Albemarle County Fire Marshal’s Office says smoky conditions in the Panorama Road area are being caused by burning mulch.
According to a release, a mulch pile on the 300 block of Panorama Road spontaneously caught fire and has been smoldering for the last several days.
The scene has been inspected and fire officials have talked with the landowners about how to extinguish the pile.
The smoke is expected to subside over the next few days.