Nelson County man arrested in child sexual assault investigation
NELSON COUNTY, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- A man from Shipman is facing numerous charges following an investigation into child sexual assault.
According to the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, 64-year-old Raymond Uttaro has been arrested.
This comes after a search of a home on the 8000 block of Laurel Road.
Uttaro is facing charges of:
- Abduction with the intent to extort money or for immoral purpose
- Use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony (two counts)
- Rape (two counts)
- Carnal knowledge of a child between 13 and 15 years of age (two counts)
- Forcible sodomy (three counts)
- Object sexual penetration (four counts)
- Aggravated sexual battery (four counts)
- Sexual abuse of a child under 15 years of age (two counts)
- Distribution of certain drugs to persons under the age of 18 (four counts)
- Production, publication, sale, financing, etc. of child pornography
- Use of communications systems to facilitate certain offenses involving children
- Display of child pornography or grooming video or materials to a child.
Uttaro is being held without bond at the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail.
The investigation is ongoing.