UVA wins ACC regular season title
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (CBS19 SPORTS)-- The Virginia cavaliers closed out the regular season with a 6-1 win over Georgia Tech on senior day. UVA was crowned regular season champs for the 16th time as they finish 12-0 in conference play.
After winning the doubles point Ryan Goetz continued his senior day celebration, winning the second point for the cavaliers in straight sets over Rohan Sachdev on court four. Number 1 seed and reigning ACC Player of the Week Chris Rodesch downed No. 9 Andres Martin in three sets, earning his third top-10 victory of the season. Alex Kiefer finished ACC play undefeated with a straight sets win against Elias Shorky on court five. On court two Iñaki Montes clinched the win for the Cavaliers, beating Marcus McDaniel 6-4, 6-4.
Virginia will now be the 1-seed in the ACC Championship in Cary North Carolina on Friday, April 21, . They will either face 8-seed Miami or 9-seed Georgia Tech.
#7 Virginia 6, Georgia Tech 1
1. #10 Chris Rodesch (VA) def. #9 Andres Martin (GT) 6-4, 6-7 (4), 10-4
2. #23 Inaki Montes (VA) def. #74 Marcus McDaniel (GT) 6-4, 6-4
3. #79 Keshav Chopra (GT) def. #37 J vd Schulenburg (VA) 7-6 (4), 6-2
4. #101 Ryan Goetz (VA) def. Rohan Sachdev (GT) 6-1, 6-2
5. Alexander Kiefer (VA) def. Elias Shokry (GT) 6-3, 7-6 (7)
6. Mans Dahlberg (VA) def. Robert Bauer (GT) 6-4, 6-2
1. Inaki Montes/William Woodall (VA) vs. Andres Martin/Keshav Chopra (GT) 3-5, unfinished
2. Chris Rodesch/J vd Schulenburg (VA) def. Marcus McDaniel/Brandon McKinney (GT) 6-3
3. Ryan Goetz/Alexander Kiefer (VA) def. Robert Bauer/Rohan Sachdev (GT) 6-0
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (4,6,2,3,5,1)